Visitor Tracker .

Monday, April 23, 2012

A.L Brown Cheerleading Meeting.

 "We have over 150 girls trying out for this year 2012-2013 A.L Brown cheerleading team, and i already see such intellegence in this gym. Remember, times change, traditions remain" Mrs. Newell said as we all sit in a gym pact with other girls who are determined to get on the team as well.

I ( Lexus ) am actually one of them.

I'm finally here, the moment I've been waiting for all of my life. Literally! Since i was little I've dreamed of a friday night game, thousands of fans in the stands, and me as a cheerleader, cheering to help motivate my team.

People think of cheerleaders as girls with long legs, long hair and eyelashes. But deffinitely not, a cheerleader is a leader of the school, someone who will lead the school in motivation. <--- Just wanted yall to know that. But as girls came in the gym, stares go across the way, people smiled,sneered their noses, laughed, whispered in others ears. Typical girl drama. already people are asking or telling if that girl over here or there is going to make the team by either the way she dressed, or by the way she walked in. My mother , who was sitting above me, whispered in my ear and said  "Thats why you always have to look at yourself, girls talking about the way people are appearing in the gym like they know them, you want something, act and dress like you do". Yes ma'am i replied to her.

The coaches talked on how things aren't going to be like middle school cheerleading. Each teacher has each of your class and encore classes email addresses, and if the need information on our behavior or grades, its just a click away. I prayed and i asked god, remember the day i got a attitude with that teacher over something stupid? yeah i apologize about that, it wasn't called for. My mother bumped me and said "don't play with the lord like that." Around the end of the meeting, the told all of us that camps are starting in the summer right after tryouts and you'll need to have everything ready by then, A.L Brown awaits you ladies. I was freakisly scared because im finally here, against 150 girls. I believe my heart has enough courage to make this team as a rising freshman. Keeping god on my side will help me lead the way to a victory.

And the rest is still unwritten...

8 comments:

  1. Wow, that sounds completely nerve-wracking! I especially like the part where you reflected on whether or not you appologized to a teacher you had an attitude with....that part is important. You never want to "burn bridges" beause you never know when you'll need to go back and cross them again. Good luck with tryouts. I have a couple ideas for your about revisions, too. Be sure to ask me next time during workshop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you already kno u was goin to make the team. But i have had that felling how u had before

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's sound hard, I would be scared and self contious, but I hope you make it and good luck. C:

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dangg thats alot of girls Did any guys goo ? Lol
    I was gonna go but i didnt want to i was kinda scaredd plus imma try out for Soccer

    ReplyDelete
  5. I dnt know nothing about cheerleading but i do know about being nervous and i hate it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good job!!! I hope you do well in tryouts.

    ReplyDelete