Visitor Tracker .

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Never Monkey See , Monkey Do

I was around 4 years old when all i wanted to do was be like the big kids. Ride a bike without helmet and look cool, or play video games instead of dolls because that was for “babies”. I always wanted it to be my way or no go for this little Mrs. ( That’s what my dad called me .) But anyway, one summer day i was chilling around the house with my older brother and cousins until my brother thought we all should go find something to do that involves us outside. Everyone was so excited, we dashed for our shoes and a quick drink before we left the house. “Oooo” “ I wanna come too you guys” i said to them. Uhmm? “Don’t you think your a little to small to hang with us”? My brother said to me. No! I can keep up with you guys, i promise i will! Pretty Please? I begged. As i stared into their eyes , my mother came up behind and told the boys, “ She can join you all. This isn’t fair to her and it wouldn’t be fair to you, so you all are in charge of keeping watch of Lexus” ! “Mama”? Everyone said in a sob voice. YES! I Screamed out joyfully. I could guarantee this was going to be the happiest day of my life.


Once everyone gets outside, we decide to ride our bikes down to the park. But, it took me a while to actually get ready on my bike. While the boys didn’t have to wear helmets anymore. I was stuck with my helmet and knee pads and training wheels. “Hurry Up”!! They would call or “ We are going to leave you home”. I felt so as you say “not cool” , but watch as i change their minds. I was going to let them know i can roll around with the big dogs. As we get to the park, everyone is ready to play around, as i parked my bike my brother calls out who ever can jump and that monkey bar and hang up side down wins. That was to big of a challenge for me, but i didn’t want to be a baby about it so i put myself up for the challenge. It seemed so easy for them to do, they were playing and goofing around while hanging there like monkeys. I bit my nails wondering if i’ll fit in like they did, so next it was my turn. My brother lifted me up so i could grasp the monkey bars and then he let go and it was all eyes on me. My heart was beating fast and i started to lift my feet up onto the bar and as soon as my right leg went through, my left hand slipped and and i fall to the ground head first. I screamed so loud, my brother and cousins came speeding up to me as i layed on the ground with a bloody knee and elbow. But , how about some nerve they all started to laugh. I felt so bad, but atleast i made one foot over the bar. I thought i could keep up with those guys, but when i went home my mother and father laughed at me too. I was completely confused. Now after i grew up a little , i finally figured out, they were laughing because i was being a Monkey See Monkey Do. Lol ( :

8 comments:

  1. Too funny! As soon as you said "I could guarantee this was going to be the happiest day of my life" I knew that it wasn't going to end well. I can't believe that your brother let you go! Oh no!
    And oh, the voice in your writing is amazing. Very clear and totally you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoaa i could imagine everything in my head! nice description :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was a great story Lexus I loved the part when they were sad that your mom said that you could go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the way you used dialogue

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was very good. It felt like i was there and i Could picyure everything

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ireally liked your story it gave alot pf description and was really funny GREAT JOB!:D

    ReplyDelete